About Us

Mission Statement


The mission of the Library is to promote literacy, love of reading, and lifelong opportunities for patrons of all ages, cultural and economic backgrounds through educational, informational and recreational resources in a welcoming environment.

Our History

The Cuero Municipal Library's history dates as far back as 1924 when the American Association of University Women began a house to house canvas in an effort to obtain books for the formation of a library facility.

The University Club, as it later became know, initially used the building owned by the Hawthorne Club and included the books collected with those donated by the host club to form the first library in Cuero.

Members of the University Club acted as librarians two days a week, donating their time and interest to provide reading material for the growing local population. In 1928, the mayor and the city council became interested in the library and made plans to house the library in the basement of the new bandstand building in the City Park.

By 1929 the library had it's first librarian and in 1968 the City of Cuero took over the operation of the library. Due to it's growth overtime a new building was finished and dedicated on July 12, 1980 and it wasn't until 2017 that the same building was renovated.

​Library Staff



Librarian
Katelynn Meitzen

Assistant Librarian
Emma Smith

Library Assistant
Tory Littles